Sunday 2 June 2002

Rayne Lodge Fishery. Bottom Lake. June 2nd, 2002

Hawthorne AC club match.

RayneLodgeBottomLake.jpg Rayne Lodge. Bottom Lake. picture by pnm123

Having fished this venue twice before in atrocious conditions, I was hoping for third time lucky. The weather was certainly better in fact it was scorching.
There are 28 pegs on the lake, and I drew peg 16 and on reaching it was delighted to see that I could reach the island at 13mtrs and I also had plenty of cover provided by bushes and weed beds in both margins.
The going method in recent weeks had been expander pellet over pellet and this was to be the main line of attack, with corn and maggot as a back up.
Trouble was that the hot weather had woken up the Carp to spawn, and that appeared to be the only thing on their minds at my end of the lake. The whole day was spent watching fish after fish thrashing the water to foam as they charged through the weed beds in the margins.
All I could manage to whittle out were a few small Tench and Crucians for a rather dissapointing 11lbs 4ozs, only good enough for 10th on the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment